A premier green hotel in Santa Monica, California, The Ambrose takes many steps to preserve the beauty of its surroundings. We encompass a triple-bottom-line approach to sustainability through the implementation of EarthView®, a proprietary sustainability program created by Hersha Hotels & Resorts. We focus on a holistic approach to hospitality, providing memorable amenities and unique offerings that enhance the guest experience.
The Ambrose participated in Santa Monica’s Sustainable Works Green Business Certification pilot program in 2005 and was awarded the Sustainable Quality Grand Prize Award by the City of Santa Monica in 2006. In 2007, The Ambrose Hotel was the first in the United States to earn the prestigious LEED EB certification. We have maintained third-party audited certifications since then, earning the City of Santa Monica Green Business Certification, the state of California’s Green Lodging Program Certification, and TripAdvisor’s Gold Green Leader Certification.
In 2017, the City of Santa Monica and Santa Monica’s Mayor Ted Winterer presented the hotel with a commendation for being one of the five pilot program participants of the city’s Green Business Certification. The Ambrose Hotel team is passionate about implementing green practices in everything we do, and we are committed to protecting the environment and preserving the earth’s precious natural resources for generations to come.
Sustainable Highlights at The Ambrose Hotel Include:
- LEED Certified Silver
- Environmentalist Level hotel by the California Department of General Services' Green Lodging Program
- Energy-efficient light bulbs (LED)
- Guest room energy management systems (EMS) smart thermostats
- Guest room consolidation program
- Towel and linen reuse program
- Discontinued use of styrofoam, plastic straws, stirrers, and guest room phonebooks
- Use of recycled-content paper products and key cards
- Property-wide recycling and composting
- Participation in Clean the World
- EarthView® Water
- Hotel bicycles
- Carbon-offset program
- Refillable water stations
- Electric vehicle chargers and electric house car